World Water Week in Stockholm
The World Water Week in Stockholm is the annual meeting place for the planet’s most urgent water-related issues. Organised by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI), it brings together 2500 experts, practitioners, decision makers and business innovators from around the globe to exchange ideas, foster new thinking and develop solutions. Visit www.worldwaterweek.org for more information.
CONGRATULATIONS TODAY to the 6 Journalists, winners of the “WASH Media Awards” competition for their excellence in reporting on water, sanitation and hygiene-related (WASH) issues.
- Alain Tossounon (Benin): ”Access to safe water in the town of Ava-Sô, A perilous conquest for survival.” (Accès à l’eau potable dans la commune de Sô-Ava, Une conquête périlleuse pour la survie.)
- Ngala Killian Chimtom (Cameroon): “The Taps Have Run Dry”
- Berta Tilmantaite (Lithuania): “The River Runs Back”
- Francis Odupute (Nigeria): “The Strategists”
- Francesca de Châtel (Belgium): ”Water Around the Mediterranean”
- Ketan Trivedi (India): “Alchemy of Earning Money through Wastes and Making a Village Clean, Hygienic and Lovely”